INGREDIENTS – Jackfruit Orchard Pie
To make Jackfruit Orchard Pie following items are needed:
2 apples cut into wedges,
2 medium carrots,
4 large potatoes,
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar,
Half tsp Dijon mustard,
1 tbsp gram flour,
1 tsp dried tarragon,
2 cloves garlic,
1 tbsp nutritional yeast,
1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder (low salt),
200ml soya cream or yogurt,
2 tbsp dairy-free spread/butter
METHOD – To Make Jackfruit Orchard Pie
- Peel and chop the potatoes then put them into a pan of boiling water, boil until soft, drain the water, return to the pan and set aside.
- Chop the leek, carrots, and garlic and fry in a pan with a dash of oil for three minutes. Add the frozen jackfruit and stir until it is soft.
- Add the Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, bouillon powder, nutritional yeast, gram flour, and tarragon to the pan of jackfruit stirring well then add the soya cream. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add one tablespoon of the spread to the potatoes and mash well. Add the other tablespoon of spread to a frying pan. Once the butter is melted place the apple wedges in and fry for a few minutes until browned then flip them over and repeat.
- While the apples are cooking, transfer the jackfruit mixture to an oven-proof dish and top with the mash. Place in a hot oven or grill until the top layer of potato is crispy.
- Serve with vegetables of choice and a few slices of caramelized apple.
Although this recipe was aimed at kids, we loved it too!! Try this.
Contributed by @vegan.mum.of.four on Instagram